- Open Democracy South Sudan: building the foundations of the world’s newest nation economic advisor to the President of the Republic of South Sudan, reflects on the nation’s last 12 months and vision for the future.
- The Guardian South Sudan: in numbers includes quite an interesting infographic on the state of the nation’s economy.
- The New Nation South Sudan Independence celebrations in pictures.
- A View From the Cave’s Tom Murphy captures twitter debate on ONE’s coverage of South Sudan independence.
- SLRC Working Paper Livelihoods, basic services and social protection in South Sudan an analysis of existing literature on livelihoods, basic services and social protection in South Sudan.
- BSI Country Learning Note South Sudan: domestic aid strategy and the New Deal for Engagement in Fragile States looks at the interaction between the New Deal and domestic aid strategy.
- BSI Country Learning Note South Sudan: the Juba Compact charts the history of the 2009 compact between donors and the Government of South Sudan, and looks at how it may be relevant to the implementation of the New Deal.
Roundup: south sudan’s independence anniversary.