- A new study by the World Bank Are natural resources cursed? An investigation of the dynamic effects of resource dependence on institutional quality
- Open Budgets Blog explores building accountability and transparency in fragile states
- President of Myanmar has replaced a number of key positions in his cabinet, including the Minister of Finance and the Minister of National Planning and Economic Development, with more reformist minded allies.
- Timor-Leste’s Minister of Finance, H.E Emilia Pires, has released a statement on the recently completed fragility assessment conducted as a part of the country’s implementation of the New Deal for Fragile States. The fragility assessment was attended by Ban Ki-moon, who declared the New Deal as “watershed” on Peace-and-Statebuilding in fragile states and pledged that the UN “will play its part”.
- United Nations University has published a new book Fragile states: causes, costs, and responses
- China’s foreign relations maxim of non-interference in domestic affairs is being challenged by its relations with Sudan and South Sudan, according to Voice of America.
Roundup: report on the ‘resource curse’ and news on timor-leste’s implementation of the new deal