- The IMF has released Liberia’s Public Expenditure and Financial Accountability (PEFA) Assessment, finding that the country has made “significant improvements against the PEFA benchmarks”.
- There are rumours of a cabinet reshuffle in Liberia, with Finance Minister Amara Konneh tipped to move to the Ministry of Planning and Economic Affairs while awaiting a “bigger job”.
- OECD-DAC’s International Network on Conflict and Fragility (INCAF) has produced a paper on the global factors influencing conflict and fragility. INCAF is calling for consultations on the subject between September and December 2012.
- The IMF PFM blog has a new post on why delays in budget approval are undermining fiscal policy in Africa…and what can be done about it
- According to Reuters inflation has eased in South Sudan, recorded at 43.3% in August, down from 60.9% in July. Meanwhile South Sudan’s ambassador to Khartoum calls for ‘trade not war’.
Roundup: liberia’s pefa assessment and inflation eases in south sudan