- Two new reports on fragility and the post-MDG framework have recently been published. ODI’s Lisa Denney explores whether a goal relating to security could be included in the post-2015 framework; and Saferworld looks at approaching post-2015 from a peacebuilding perspective.
- New Oxford Policy Management report Infrastructure in Fragile and Conflict Affected Statesincludes case studies on Afghanistan; South Sudan; Nepal; and DRC.
- The IMF has included South Sudan on their list of 72 countries eligible for interest free loans. Meanwhile, the Government of South Sudan has appointed former UN Special Advisor Francis Deng as the country’s ambassador to the UN.
- Secure Livelihoods Research Consortium has released a series of new reports on livelihoods, social protection and basic services in a number of fragile states: South Sudan; DRC; Afghanistan; and Nepal among others.
- Saferworld has released a set of recommendations to CSOs for making the most of the New Deal for Fragile States.
Roundup: fragility and the post-2015 framework and a series of new reports on secure livelihoods in fragile states